Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Maggie Coe's recipe from Thanksgiving...Yum!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 230 g butter (very cold and cut into 1cm cubes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 -8 tablespoons ice water (as needed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 4 ounces canned milk
- 3 eggs
- 113 g butter, softened
- 5 -6 yams
- pie crust:.
- on a cold countertop, make a mound of the flour with a dip in the middle. Put the butter, salt and 1 tsp of the sugar into the dip and use a fork to blend. Gradually add in the ice water as needed (different kinds of flour absorb water differently).
- Ball the pie crust dough and put it in the fridge wrapped in cling wrap.
- Boil the yams until soft and strain the water.
- Put all the pie filling ingredients together in a blender and blend until consistent.
- Roll out the pie crust and lay into a pie pan. Pour the filling into it.
- Bake at a high temperature until set.