Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a good friend, Helen, and my entire family is in her debt for it. Everyone loves it, it looks beautiful and is embarrassingly easy to make! Plus, it can be prepared ahead, frozen and then baked when needed. It's a staple at all our holiday gatherings.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- pecan halves
- Combine all ingredients but the pecans in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Fill a 9" pie plate and then top with pecan halves in any sort of decorative pattern.
- You can freeze it at this point or bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the pecans have toasted slightly.
- Serve and collect compliments!