Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Variation from Alton Brown's "Good Eats"
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie shells
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple syrup
- Steam potatoes.
- Mash with potato masher and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment. Add yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, yolks, and salt, to taste, and beat until well combined.
- Pour this batter into the pie shell and place onto a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle pecans on top and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Keep refrigerated after cooling.
Very good, gone in a flash. I will make again real soon