Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds quite good :P
Top Review by MoreWithLessMom
Oh so good, this was my favorite dish of our whole Thanksgiving feast. It took a lot longer for mine to cook. It looked wet to me, and I waited until it puffed up all the way to the middle before pulling it out.
- 2 sweet potatoes, about 10 ounces each
- 1 3⁄4 cups fine graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers, finely ground)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes tightly in 2 layers of aluminum foil and roast them in the oven until very soft, about 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, stir the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar until well combined. Add the butter and mix until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Press firmly and evenly on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to create a crust, being sure there are no cracks. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Unwrap the potatoes and peel them. Put the flesh into a bowl and mash well with a fork. Add the eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and whip until very smooth with a whisk. Pour the filling into the partially baked crust. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon brown sugar over top and bake in the center of the oven until set, about 40 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before cutting. Serve at room temperature.