Recipe by casreedy
This was a friend's recipe. I make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas and any other time it sounds good.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
My husband announced quickly that it was terrible and no one should have any, so I knew it was a hit. He spend the rest of the afternoon "evening" it up, as everyone was cutting it, leaving "edges" he needed to fix. I fixed another one the next day.
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together while potatoes are still warm.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually adding sugar.
- Fold into potato mixture and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 and bake until set.
- serves 6-8.