Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one makes 3 9" pies: or can be baked as a pudding.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Crust: 3 unbaked 9" single crusts from the dairy or frozen section or homemade For filling, boil the sweet potatoes until tender, peel and mash.
- Heat oven to 350:.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Beat at med. speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in sweet potatoes until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs.
- Beat in milk and vanilla slowly.
- Spoon into 3 unbaked pie shells, using about 4 cups per shell.
- Bake at 350: for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Cool to room temp. before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- 3 9" pies Variation: Bake filling as a pudding in a greased 12x8x3/4 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Sprinkle with 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- Return to oven 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
I reduced this to make one pie. Yummy. very nice flavor. not too sweet but not bland either. I could eat it with or without the marshmellows. I am keeping this one!
I've been trying to find a recipe as close to my mom's as possible and, when baked as a "pudding," this one was it, once I made a few modifications. I left out the milk, but I mixed in about 2/3 cup of shredded coconut. Plus, I mixed a few cups of mini marshmallows into the potatoes during the last 15 minutes of baking, along with the marshmallows on top. So sweet and so delicious!
This recipe was very easy to make and it was a big hit at my house on thanksgiving. I was finally able to get my kids to like sweet potatoes.