1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato, Pesto & Pine Nut Slice
1 hr 10 mins
This is a great vegetarian slice. Made with sweet potato (aka kumera). A regular onion is called for in this recipe- any onion will do. It travels well for picnics and is firm enough to be eaten with your hands. Its great warm or cold. Check that the pesto and yogurt used are gluten free if you require a gluten free diet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C ( 400°F ) degrees centigrade.
- 2Line a 30x20 cm baking dish with baking paper.
- 3Place potato, onions and nuts in the dish ant coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 30 minutes and cool for 10 minutes.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 160°C ( 325°F ).
- 5Whisk the remaining ingredients and then pour over the potatoes.
- 6Bake until golden and set in the centre. This should be about 20 minutes.
- 7Cool. Lift the slice from the dish and cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato, Pesto & Pine Nut Slice
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 150.3 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato pesto