Recipe by **Jubes**
This is a great vegetarian slice. Made with sweet potato (aka kumera). A regular onion is called for in this recipe- any onion will do. It travels well for picnics and is firm enough to be eaten with your hands. Its great warm or cold. Check that the pesto and yogurt used are gluten free if you require a gluten free diet
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Made exactly as directed, other than that we don't get the really orange sweet potato here, so I didn't benefit from the attractive colour!!!! Nutritious and delicious, this made a good supper and I kept the extra for office lunches, yum! I didn't use the baking paper, and I used a rocket (arugula) pesto that I had purchased in our local market, very nice!! Simply prepared, I very much enjoyed this, thank you Jubes!
- 900 g orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes (kumara)
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto or 1⁄2 cup roasted vegetable pesto sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C ( 400°F ) degrees centigrade.
- Line a 30x20 cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Place potato, onions and nuts in the dish ant coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 30 minutes and cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C ( 325°F ).
- Whisk the remaining ingredients and then pour over the potatoes.
- Bake until golden and set in the centre. This should be about 20 minutes.
- Cool. Lift the slice from the dish and cut into slices.