Recipe by Traci & Jeff Poole2
Two favorites in one.
Top Review by Holly Blackwell
I subbed maple syrup for the corn and added 1/2 cup of pecan meal. This was decent but not as yummy as I'd expected. It wasn't seem as rich as I thought it should be, especially with all that fat. It also needed some spice, maybe a teaspoon of ginger and cinnamon would have been better. Next time I'll just use my trusty pumpkin pie recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, broken into pieces
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the sweet potatoes and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Combine with syrup, milk, salt, vanilla, and pecans.
- Line pie pan with the pastry shell.
- Turn mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 425* oven.
- After the 10 minutes have expired, reduce heat to 325* and bake for 35 - 45 minutes longer.
- FOR REGULAR Sweet potato pie: OMIT the pecans and INCREASE the amount of potatoes to 1 1/2 cups.