Sweet Potato-Pecan Pie II
- Place crust in lightly greased pie tin.
- Filling: Whis k together 1 cup of sweet potatoes and 1 tbsp.
- In a large bowl beat two eggs until well mixed; add the sweet potatoes to the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the evaporated milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, then add to the sweet potato mixture and mix well.
- Pour this combined mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans evenly over the top (they may sink into the mixture, that's OK). Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes (until tester comes out clean). Let pie cool.
- To make topping: Whip cream until soft peaks form, then add confectioners' sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Use pastry tube with star tip to decorate pie.