Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I like to grind it fresh.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pie crust
- Place crust in lightly greased pie tin.
- Filling: Whis k together 1 cup of sweet potatoes and 1 tbsp.
- In a large bowl beat two eggs until well mixed; add the sweet potatoes to the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the evaporated milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, then add to the sweet potato mixture and mix well.
- Pour this combined mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans evenly over the top (they may sink into the mixture, that's OK). Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes (until tester comes out clean). Let pie cool.
- To make topping: Whip cream until soft peaks form, then add confectioners' sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Use pastry tube with star tip to decorate pie.
Forgot the evaporated milk but it still came out great. Also used pumpkin instead of sweet potato. 2 cups.
I used canned sweet potatoes instead of 'real' ones. . .but it was still excellent!