Recipe by andypandy
this one is the Thanksgiving pie that I have been making for almost thirty years...give it a try.
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked mashed plain sweet potatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- whipping cream, for garnish,only if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Line pie pan with unbaked crust and flute edges.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling and stir well.
- Pour into pastry lined pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes or until almost done at 350 degrees.
- TEN MINUTES BEFORE pie is completed-- combine pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Pour over top of pie evenly.
- Bake for the last ten minutes.