Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes go best with our Vanilla-Maple Syrup (Vanilla-Maple Syrup). You can use 3/4 cup mashed winter squash instead of the sweet potatoes, if desired. Cooking Light 2000
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet potatoes (about 3/4 cup) or 1 (16 ounce) can yams, drained and mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, 2 tablespoons pecans, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (milk through eggs); add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Sprinkle pancakes with 2 tablespoons pecans.