Recipe by yooper
Got this one off of about.com's Southern Food forum. Haven't tried these, but I'm posting this for all the sweet potato addicts here!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup well mashed sweet potatoes (or pureed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, sweet potato, vanilla and orange zest.
- Beat mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Lightly butter or spray with Pam 3 cookie sheets.
- Drop batter by teasponfulls onto sheets, leaving 1 1/2-inch space between each batter drop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are browned.
- Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
- If desired, you can make a glaze by mixing together 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- Spread glaze over warm cookies.