1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato-Pecan Cookies
Got this one off of about.com's Southern Food forum. Haven't tried these, but I'm posting this for all the sweet potato addicts here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup well mashed sweet potatoes (or pureed)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- 3In a seperate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 4Beat in the egg, sweet potato, vanilla and orange zest.
- 5Beat mixture into dry ingredients.
- 6Stir in the pecans.
- 7Lightly butter or spray with Pam 3 cookie sheets.
- 8Drop batter by teasponfulls onto sheets, leaving 1 1/2-inch space between each batter drop.
- 9Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are browned.
- 10Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
- 11If desired, you can make a glaze by mixing together 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- 12Spread glaze over warm cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (887 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g