2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Fleischmann's Yeast company. Sweet potatoes are so delicious, and they add flavor and moisture to breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/4-4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugars, salt and orange peel in a large mixer bowl.
- 2Heat water, buttermilk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) and add to bowl.
- 3Add sweet potato and egg; beat on high for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 6Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 7(Or, put ingredients into bread machine pan in recommended order, set on dough cycle, and let it do its thing).
- 8To prepare the filling:.
- 9Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 10Stir in pecans.
- 11Reserve 1/4 cup butter.
- 12To prepare the topping:
- 13Mix together powdered sugar, butter, egg white and corn syrup until smooth.
- 14Stir in pecans.
- 15Roll dough into a 10 x 18-inch rectangle. Spread evenly with reserved 1/4 cup butter.
- 16Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over butter leaving a 1-inch border on the long edges.
- 17Roll up dough starting at one long side, like a jelly-roll. Place the roll seam side down.
- 18Cut roll into 12 equal slices and place in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Evenly spread topping over rolls.
- 19(At this point, you can cover with plastic wrap - spray with a little oil - and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Remove from fridge and let stand 30 minutes before baking).
- 20Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 45 to 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- 21Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 22Let rolls cool for 5 minutes. Stir together glaze ingredients until smooth, drizzle evenly over rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 398.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g