Recipe by Outta Here
A slightly sweet bread good for breakfast, toast or with tea. From The Ultimate Bread Machine book. I use chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries, but the original recipe used raisins. Cook time depends on machine brand.
Top Review by Stephanie Z.
This bread was wonderful and moist. I used raisins rather than cherries, and it tasted similar to cinnamon raisin bread but with a hint of sweet potato flavor. Thanks mikekey!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (dark)
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries, chopped (or raisins)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped