Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A slightly sweet bread good for breakfast, toast or with tea. From The Ultimate Bread Machine book. I use chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries, but the original recipe used raisins. Cook time depends on machine brand.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (dark)
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries, chopped (or raisins)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Place all ingredients except cherries (raisins) and pecans in bread machine pan in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Set on raisin bread setting. When machine beeps, add cherries and pecans.
This bread was wonderful and moist. I used raisins rather than cherries, and it tasted similar to cinnamon raisin bread but with a hint of sweet potato flavor. Thanks mikekey!
Very nice bread that I enjoyed toasted with my coffee. I had a can of yams in the pantry that I used instead of cooking and mashing sweet potatoes. Also used raisins and a tad bit more cinnamon, love it! Moist bread, bit of a yam flavor, and loved the pecans in the bread. Would love to make a ham sandwich on it! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us mikekey. :) Make and reviewed for KK's Recipe Tag Game.
Great bread, especially toasted. Not real sweet, perfect for me. I used dried cranberries and walnuts. Made for Photo Tag.