- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (fresh is best but canned will do)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the sugar, water, oil, eggs, and sweet potatoes mix good.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine; add pecans and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Cool in pans before removing.