Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fresh sweet potato bread--yummy!
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (fresh is best but canned will do)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the sugar, water, oil, eggs, and sweet potatoes mix good.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine; add pecans and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Cool in pans before removing.
This bread is amazing! I've actually made it as a loaf, as muffins, and as cookies, and it's turned out really well each time.
I thought this bread turned out great.I used orange juice in place of the water and I added a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and a tsp of vanilla.I think next time I'll add some pumpkin pie spice just because I like my bread a little more spicy.I was almost out of pecans so I used frozen cranberries instead.It turned out really moist and had a nice flavor.I could barely taste the sweet potato so people who normally don't care for sweet potato may like this.
Very good. I did tweak it some. I used twice the amount of sweet potatoes, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp nutmeg and 2 tsp vanilla. Very dense and moist. Just the way we like it.