Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Traditionally, these sweet potato biscuits are served piping hot and slathered with butter and sorghum syrup.
- 3⁄4 cup cold mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 400* F.
- Combine sweet potatoes, butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until moistened, Add pecans to dough.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured surface; knead a few times.
- Roll dought to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Bake on lightly greased baking sheet for 15 to 18 minutes.