For a different fruit short cake, make short cakes using mashed sweet potatoes and top with fresh fruit and honey roasted peanuts. Serve as a dessert or for brunch! Recipe adapted from the National Peanut Board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- peanut oil
- 4 cups fresh berries (or mixture of any fresh fruits in season) or 4 cups peaches (or mixture of any fresh fruits in season) or 4 cups nectarines (or mixture of any fresh fruits in season) or 4 cups plums, sliced (or mixture of any fresh fruits in season)
- Cool Whip
- 1Preheat oven to 425º F.
- 2For shortcakes, chop 1/4 cup of the peanuts.
- 3Mash enough sweet potatoes to make 3/4 cup. Refrigerate remaining potatoes for other uses.
- 4Combine in bowl the mashed potato, milk, butter, sugar, cinnamon and chopped peanuts. Add biscuit mix and mix until blended (some lumps will remain).
- 5Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets coated lightly with peanut oil, making 6 equal portions. If desired, sprinkle top of each with an additional 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Bake on high oven rack for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden and baked in center.
- 6To assemble, split shortcakes and fill with fruit. Top with additional fruit, remaining peanuts and Cool Whip.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Peanut Shortcakes
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 630.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: