Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I discovered this recipe on the can of Bruce yams and decided to make and it was delicious. I did however only use 2 cans of yams instead of 3. I did alter the ingredient some, because of the recipe calls for 3 cans. I used only a 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup pecans. I left my pecans whole. It was yummy.
- 3 cans yams, drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans (broken)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of slice peach, drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- Combine brown sugar, pecans, ginger and salt.
- Drain sweet potatoes.
- Layer half the sweet potatoes in a casserol baking dish.
- Then half the brown sugar mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- ( I sprinkled brown sugar, ginger, and salt over the yams, peaches, and pecans, but butter on top. I put mine in a small cast iron skillet and cooked it right on the BBQ pit along with the meat I was cooking).