1/3 Photos of Sweet Potato-Parsnip Puree
A nice change from mashed potatoes. For variety, use yams instead of sweet potatoes; or rutabagas instead of parsnips. If you don't have tahini, use sesame oil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel sweet potatoes and parsnips; cut into chunks.
- 2Place in large saucepan and just cover with water.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until just soft, not mushy! (about 10 minutes).
- 4Drain; place in food processor and puree.
- 5Put puree back into saucepan; mix in the cumin and tahini (or oil) .
- 6Reheat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Parsnip Puree
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: