Recipe by Heirloom
This was an accidental creation that turned out to be quite delicious. My husband says all the flavors combined remind him of butternut squash.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
for the garnish
- sour cream
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6-8 quart soup pot saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion is softened.
- Add the sweet potato, parsnip and turnip and cook until softened, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Boil uncovered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree using either a stick/immersion blender or by transferring to a blender and then back to the pot.
- Slowly add the heavy cream into the puree.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped flat leaf parsley.