1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Pancakes With Caramel Sauce
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Another email recipe from Taste of Home that sounds like a great way to use up left overs. Here's what they said: "Sometimes sweet potatoes end up as leftovers, but they go well in pancake batter. Topped with caramel sauce, butter and toasted cashews. Don't have leftovers? Use canned sweet potatoes"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup canned sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted cashews, toasted
- whipped butter (optional)
- 1In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and melted butter.
- 3Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- 5Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 6Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with nuts.
- 7Serve with whipped butter if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pancakes With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 577.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g