1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Pancakes (Vegan)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This vegan recipe, along with its regular counterpart, is from the 2001 As You Like It Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sweet potatoes & 1 cup of water in a large skillet over medium heat, then cover & steam for 10 minutes or until potatoes start to soften. Transfer the potatoes to a plate & set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine red potatoes with the salt & 2 cups of water & let stand for 20 minutes before rinsing, draining & pressing dry.
- 3To the red potatoes, add the sweet potatoes, onions, parsley, flour, cranberries & Crisco, mixing well.
- 4Heat half of the oil in the skillet over medium-low heat. When it is hot, add 1/2-cup measures of the potato mixture to the skillet, pressing down to flatten, & cook 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottoms are brown. Turn the pancakes over & brown the other side.
- 5Transfer the cooked pancakes to a paper towle-lined plate & repeat the previous step with the remaining potato mixture.
- 6Serve hot & crisp.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pancakes (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.6
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1007.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g