Recipe by MsTeechur
The easiest way to do this is to nuke the potatoes the night before so they're cool and easy to handle the next morning.
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel baked or boiled potatoes and mash well.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Mix wet ingredients together until well mixed.
- If desired, grind oats in the food processor until a course flour.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and stir by hand just until mixed (do not over-beat).
- Heat griddle until a few drops of water "dance" on the hot surface.
- Pour batter onto the griddle. If batter is thick, use the back of a spoon or ladle to spread out.
- Turn when bubbles form and pop, and top looks dry.
- Serve with applesauce or syrup.