1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Pancakes
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe, & its vegan counterpart, were found in the 2001 As You Like It Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups red potatoes, shredded
- 2 cups water (yes, again)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 4 teaspoons Crisco shortening
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1Put sweet potatoes & 1 cup of water in a large skillet over medium heat, then cover & steam for 10 minutes or until potatoes start to soften. Transfer the potatoes to a plate & set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine red potatoes with the salt & 2 cups of water & let stand for 20 minutes before rinsing, draining & pressing dry.
- 3To the red potatoes, add the sweet potatoes, onions, parsley, flour, eggs, cranberries & Crisco, mixing well.
- 4Heat half of the oil in the skillet over medium-low heat. When it is hot, add 1/2-cup measures of the potato mixture to the skillet, pressing down to flatten, & cook 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottoms are brown. Turn the pancakes over & brown the other side.
- 5Transfer the cooked pancakes to a paper towle-lined plate & repeat the previous step with the remaining potato mixture.
- 6Serve hot & crisp.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 1035.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g