Recipe by Mrs.Jack
I found this recipe in the Houston Chronicle-so yummy and just in time for Fall. The ideas seem endless, too-if you want to jazz them up. Would be great to make ahead and just reheat on Thanksgiving morning! Enjoy!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk (or more if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (about 3/4 lb cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir together eggs, milk, brown sugar, sweet potatoes, and melted butter. Combine with the flour mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a hot griddle. Once a few holes appear on the surface, flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the pancake springs back when pressed in the center.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired; then serve with butter and syrup.