Recipe by 4-H Mom
I like to serve these with dinner or for breakfast. I came across this recipe a few years ago.
Top Review by Rokchik
This recipe was simple and came out delicious. I substituted the all purpose flower for wheat flour and used agave nectar instead of sugar. It still came out great. Thanks for sharing such an easy recipe to make. This was my first sweet potato pancakes. They're hard to find around here; only as menu specials.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl combine flour sugar, baking powder and salt. In another mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, sweet potatoes and butter. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until combined but still lumpy.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered ovenproof dish in a 300 degree oven.
- Top with your favorite syrup.