Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From The Modern Diner in Pawtucket, RI
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, vanilla extract, and sweet potatoe shreds.
- Add the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger to the mixture, mix until just combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal size patties or however big you like your pancakes to be.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the patties in batches to the hot oil and fry until they are firm and brown on both sides or about 3-5 minutes.