Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
"These fries are really good, and the dip is to die for! You would never think to put avocado dip on a sweet potato fry, but... oh my is it a yummy treat!! We ate these and I wanted more when tray was empty. Overcome the skepticism and give it a try! "
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 4-inch long and 1/4 -inch thick fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- coarse ground rock salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green part only, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until the sweet potatoes are coated. Add the paprika, chili powder, coriander, salt, and pepper; toss to distribute evenly.
- Arrange the coated fries in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes on the lower rack until the sweet potatoes soften. Transfer the pan to the upper rack of the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until fries are crispy. Serve with Avocado Dip.
- Avocado Dip:.
- Place the avocado, mayonnaise, cream cheese, jalapeno, scallions, and lime juice into a blender or small food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until you have a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve as a dip for the Sweet Potato Oven Fries.
Really delish! I was so happy I did't have to peel the sweet potatoes! Man it is hard to cut raw sweet potatoes. You almost need a machete! I did finally get all the fries cut. Cookiedog is so right! the avocado dip is to DIE FOR! I will use it on sandwiches! MMMMMM, with roast beef--divine. P
I was really leary about this recipe but in the end it was great. Loved the avocado sauce.
I've made Sw Pot fries before and they never turned out crispy. This recipe nailed it! I made my own version of the avocado dip with fresh cilantro, omitted jalapenos and scallions and added dried onion flakes (DH not an onion fan) . I also omitted coriander from spice blend.