Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the Dear Abby Cookbook, and have made it every year for Thanksgiving since I was little. I find it to be equally good without the marshmallows. This is my favorite way to have sweet potatoes!
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes (cooked, peeled, and mashed) or 4 lbs yams (cooked, peeled, and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice (can substitute with 6 oz. can crushed pineapple(juice and all)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 1-1/2 quart casserole. In large bowl, combine potatoes, honey, butter, sherry, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into greased 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes.