Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Either way a wonderful autumn holiday dessert. Very easy to make. Makes 24 cupcakes or one 9 or10 inch or two 6 inch cakes. For a stronger brown sugar flavor, add 1 tbl molasses.
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked or 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses (optional)
- 10 graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grind graham crackers in food processor with pecans, sugar and melted butter.
- Press mixture in 9, 10 or two 6 inch cheesecake pans or 24 cupcakes.
- Bring cream cheese and butter to room temperature and beat in mixer together with white sugar.
- Add cooked, mashed sweet potato or pumpkin with brown sugar, and eggs to mixer.
- Scrape down sides and bottom of mixer.
- Add vanilla, molassas (optional) and cinnamon.
- Pour into cupcake papers or pans.
- Bake for one hour or until center is just almost firm, and still jiggley.