Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The African Kitchen.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
These were a nice change of pace from typical potato pancakes and add a touch of specialness to a holiday meal! The onions really offset the sweetness of the potatoes and the thyme adds just the right touch! Really enjoyable! Thanks for sharing.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- sunflower oil (for frying, or peanut oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, milk and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place flour in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in egg mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Add sweet potatoes, onions, and thyme.
- Mix well.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Place a small ladleful of pancake mixture in the skillet and press to flatten.
- Repeat until skillet is full.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.