Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from The African Kitchen.
Make and share this Sweet Potato, Onion and Thyme Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine eggs, milk and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place flour in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in egg mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Add sweet potatoes, onions, and thyme.
- Mix well.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Place a small ladleful of pancake mixture in the skillet and press to flatten.
- Repeat until skillet is full.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
These were a nice change of pace from typical potato pancakes and add a touch of specialness to a holiday meal! The onions really offset the sweetness of the potatoes and the thyme adds just the right touch! Really enjoyable! Thanks for sharing.
Lovely! Three of my favorite things in one delightful pancake! I used sweet onions and fresh thyme and added some salt and pepper to the batter.
A nutritious and attractive side dish. I used yams instead of sweet potatoes, for more of an african feel, and sweet yellow onions. It would be interesting to know more of the history of this dish - I would have guessed american just by the taste.