Sweet Potato Muffins With Cream Cheese Filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F In the meantime, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Sucanat is grainier than sugar and won’t cream the same way—it’ll work fine so long as the sucanat and butter are well mixed.
- Add eggs, vanilla, applesauce and sweet potato to butter-sugar combo and mix well on low speed.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add to the wet ingredients while continuing to mix on low speed.
- Fill each well of a greased, 1-ounce mini muffin tray half way. Add a ¼ tsp dollop of cream cheese on top of batter. Finish filling each well to the rim. Sprinkle each muffin with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (except for some cream cheese filling)! Sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar on top. Allow muffins to cool in tray for about 5 minutes. Finish cooling on a baking rack.