1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Muffins (Great for After Turkey Day)
Use the extra sweet potatoes from last night’s dinner to make these luscious muffins. You can use any variety of sweet potato; each will give a slightly different result, all of them nutritious and delicious. ADOPTED from the Cancer Project.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (preferably raw or turbinado)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cooked sweet potatoes (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup other non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup golden raisin
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix.
- 3Mash sweet potatoes (if they aren’t mashed already) in a separate large bowl, then stir in non-dairy milk and vinegar. Add flour mixture and raisins. Stir together until just mixed. The batter should be moist. Add a bit more non-dairy milk or water if the batter seems stiff.
- 4Spoon batter into a vegetable oil sprayed muffin pan, filling almost to the top.
- 5Bake 25 minutes, until tops of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Muffins (Great for After Turkey Day)
Serving Size: 1 (1287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 261.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g