Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like these cause they're not too sweet but very flavorful.
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 pecan halves
- Beat sweet potato, eggs, milk, honey and butter together.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- Stir this into the batter until it is just combined.
- Divide batter among 12 well-buttered muffin tins, filling 2/3s full.
- Put a pecan half on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Good idea...but definitely not sweet enough. Very bland...could use the flavor of brown sugar.
I personally found them pretty bland myself. Decent flavor, but not enough of it. But my 2 year old adored them! Couldn't eat them fast enough. And that, in and of itself, is worth an extra star. I did make a few adjustments to lower fat. I used 2 egg whites for each egg called for. I used 2 tbsp. of canola oil instead of butter, and I used light soy milk.