Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is a wonderful recipe to make and give in a basket at Christmas time. It is so sweet and moist they want last long! This recipe came from my daughter-inlaws Mom who is so generous with her recipes.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix flour,sugar and cinnamon together and stir well.
- Mix in cooking oil and eggs; stir in sweet potatoes, raisins, vanilla and nuts.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Fill about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
- The muffin mixture will keep in refrig for 3 days.
These were just okay. They need a little salt, in my opinion. Thanks for posting, though!
My whole family loved these muffins. Great flavors and nicely moist! I did omit the raisins and pecans because I did not have any. I don't know why, but after I filled the 12 muffin liners, I still had a lot of batter left over, so I put it in a greased 8 inch square pan and baked that, too. A great-tasting bonus. Thanks.