Recipe by maryL in Canada
This is very easy and the presentation is great for the Holidays.
Top Review by tina
This didn't turn out like I thought they would. They came out as hard and dense as a brick. The flavor was savory - not sweet, which is why I think the previous reviewer added coconut and frosting. I would not make them again - they were extremely dense and heavy and didn't taste good.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat together the sweet potato, eggs, milk, honey and butter until it is creamy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to sweet potato mixture. Just mix until combined.
- Fill 12 well-greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Put a pecan half on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.