Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very easy and the presentation is great for the Holidays.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl beat together the sweet potato, eggs, milk, honey and butter until it is creamy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to sweet potato mixture. Just mix until combined.
- Fill 12 well-greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Put a pecan half on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
This didn't turn out like I thought they would. They came out as hard and dense as a brick. The flavor was savory - not sweet, which is why I think the previous reviewer added coconut and frosting. I would not make them again - they were extremely dense and heavy and didn't taste good.
I made these muffins a few days ago. They smelled just wonderful baking! Now I followed the recipe just as printed so I was surprised at the first taste. I thought they were rather bland...lacking something! I took steps to make them more tongue-worthy. 1. I sliced them into 1/4 inch rounds. 2. I coated them with a chocolate frosting. 3. I toasted some shredded sweeten coconut and sprinkled on top. They were a big hit! My youngest DGD (4) kept telling anybody who would listen that "GrannyMa made special little cakes..just for me." Well, thank you Mary, for making me a hit with the family.
Very Good! I served the muffins with cinnamon butter. Yummy! Nice way to use up a few leftover sweet potatoes.