Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet made. Looking forward to trying it! The original intro said:I love to bake with exotic things like yams.
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray the insides of 16 paper baking cups with vegetable cooking spray and insert into muffin pans.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the sugars, margarine and sour cream; beat until blended.
- Add egg substitute and evaporated milk.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add to potato mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold in raisins.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the top and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops are rounded and muffins pull away from the sides of the cups.
- Unmold the muffins and cool on a rack for a few minutes before serving.
- Note: Two medium sweet potatoes equal about 2 cups cooked and mashed potato.