1/6 Photos of Sweet Potato Mash With Caramelised Onions
A little something I whipped up as a side for dinner which we all enjoyed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel onions, cut in half and finely slice so you have half moon shaped circles.
- 2Put into a medium frypan and drizzle with oil and massage the oil in to break up the half rings.
- 3Cover frypan and cook over a low to moderate heat giving a stir occasionally until a nice golden colour (about 30 to 40 minutes), the longer you take the sweeter the onion will be.
- 4Put sweet potatoes in a pot of cold water and season with a little salt and bring to the boil and cook till tender.
- 5When potatoes are cook, drain and give a good shake, put in butter and mash (I used a potato masher) till you get the consistency you like (I like a slightly lumpy texture).
- 6Add your caramelised onions and mix in well (I just used a fork) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Mash With Caramelised Onions
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 104.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g