My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained canned sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In a medium bowl, using a potato masher or fork, mash sweet potatoes.
- 4Whisk in brown sugar, egg, buttermilk, marmalade, and oil until well blended.
- 5Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- 6Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- 8Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool while you prepare the icing.
- 9Icing-in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, marmalade, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth.
- 10Spoon or drizzle over tops of the warm muffins and let cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Marmalade Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g