Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Sweet Potato Marmalade Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained canned sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, using a potato masher or fork, mash sweet potatoes.
- Whisk in brown sugar, egg, buttermilk, marmalade, and oil until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool while you prepare the icing.
- Icing-in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, marmalade, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon or drizzle over tops of the warm muffins and let cool.