Recipe by MechanicalJen
I found this in the flier at the local co-op. Putting it here so I don't lose it. Description reads "..This vegetarian version of a popular West African dish features a spicy peanut and tomato sauce that is often made with chicken or beef, and served over rice or couscous". I plan to try this without the cayenne.
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, yellow diced
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- sea salt
- white pepper
- cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute the onions and sweet potatoes until browned. Add carrots, turnips, tomatoes and broth and boil over medium heat until carrots are cooked.
- Whisk together tomato paste, peanut butter with a little hot broth until smooth - add to the pot along with the cabbage. Bring back up to temperature and season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Garnish with cilantro.