Recipe by Bonnie LaBrake
I thought this recipe sounded soooo good. I got it out of the October 2003 issue of Country Woman magazine. Hope you all like it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter an sugar Add egg, mix well Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt, add to creamed mixture just until blended (batter will be thick).
- Combine sweet potatoes and milk, stir into batter until blended.
- Fold in raisins.
- Transfer to two greased 5-3/4-in.
- loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- An 8-in.
- round baking pan may be used instead of the loaf pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.