Recipe by chia
this is something even your kids will love.
Top Review by mermaidmagic
I have never made or eaten a latke before and these were delicious. I love the little patties with or without the sauce. I did omit the gingerroot for personal tastes, but thought the recipe still worked beautifully. I look forward to making these again, thank you for sharing Chia!
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- chopped mint leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- peel potatoes and shred in food processor.
- put in a colander or strainer and squeeze to get rid of excess moisture.
- add beaten eggs to a bowl, add sweet potatoes.
- mix in baking powder, matzoh meal, salt, pepper.
- heat sauce in the meantime--.
- mix all sauce ingredients in a small pan over low heat, and keep warm.
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and add small ladlefuls of sweet potato batter.
- cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- remove to paper towels to drain oil.
- add additional oil to skillet, fry latkes and drain on paper towels.
- place the sauce on plates, add latkes and garnish with mint.