1/3 Photos of Sweet Potato Latkes (Pareve)
A different alternative to traditional Hanukkah latkes. Or, perhaps serve both with your Hanukkah meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate sweet potatoes and remove any excess moisture.
- 2Beat eggs and add one at a time, mixing well. See Note at end of instructions.
- 3Add matzoth meal or flour and baking powder.
- 4Add spices and mix well.
- 5Heat oil until hot and put large spoonful for each pancake.
- 6Cook until brown and flip.
- 7NOTE: For fluffier pancakes, separate eggs.
- 8Add egg yolks into the potatoes.
- 9Then, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 10Fold in egg whites after all other ingredients have been mixed inches.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Latkes (Pareve)
Serving Size: 1 (1032 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 56.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g