Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Attractive vegetarian dish. One of my kids ate the leftovers for breakfast.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed fairly dry
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups grated cheese, whatever kind you like (I mix cheddar & Monterey Jack)
- Peel and finely slice potatoes; put in bowl.
- In second bowl put soup, finely chopped onion, sour cream, cloves; mix.
- Add 1/3 of soup mixture to potatoes and then add spinach to the remaining mix; stir.
- Lightly grease lasagna pan and add half of the potatoes, 1/3 of the cheese, all of the spinach, 1/3 more of the cheese and the rest of the potatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for an hour or until potatoes are soft. Uncover, add remaining cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This was good, different from what we usually make, but still good.
Sorry. This just did not work for us. It looked amazing while cooking, but the flavors were weird together. I didn't like the ground cloves with the rest of the dish.