Recipe by Julesong
Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
Top Review by Izzy Knight
We thought this was great. I made it with the kids over the weekend, and they had so much fun working with the mashed yam. I didn't know what's "creamed honey", so i just used regular honey, and it worked out fine. thank you for the recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, in bits
- 3⁄4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup creamed honey
Directions See How It's Made
- If using sweet potato or yam from a can, make sure to rinse the syrup from it before mashing.
- If using a freshly-baked sweet potato, peel, mash, and let cool before using in recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- With a pastry blender utensil or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the mashed sweet potato, half and half, and honey to make dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- With floured hands, knead the dough lightly a few times to bring the texture together.
- Roll or pat dough evenly to make it 3/4-inch thick.
- With a floured 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut into 8 rounds.
- You will need to gather scraps and re-roll to get 8 rounds.
- Place rounds on prepared baking sheet with a flat spatula and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!