Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
sweet, savory, & a bit spicy. Perfect with eggs for a Sunday breakfast
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (use as much as you desire or sub olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (again, to taste)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- habanero pepper (to taste. I like spicy food and used about 1/4 of one diced)
- Peel and dice sweet potato, cutting into evenly sized cubes.
- Peel and dice onion, making the dice slightly larger than the potato since the potato takes longer to cook.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, add onion and garlic, sautee on high until onions are translucent.
- Add sweet potato and pepper (if using). Cook on high/med-high for 8-10 minutes until potatoes are fairly well browned.
- 2-3 minutes before serving, add spinach to pan and stir until it is wilted.
- Add salt to taste, more garlic powder if needed and serve!
If you like sweet potatoes, you'll like this! I used olive oil, about 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (I found that was enough for me) and no peppers (I'm a wimp with those). I made as directed but I didn't let the potatoes cook until they browned because I didn't want the onions to burn or the potatoes to go mushy. Very tasty though! I would make this again and I think it would be fun to change things around if I'm out of something. Mushrooms would be good in this as well. And more spinach! Love it! Made for My 3 Chefs. Thanks Papagayita! :)