Prep 5 mins
Cook 33 mins
Sweet potato recipe combines shredded sweet potatoes with fresh marjoram, salt, pepper, butter and brown sugar. Posting this here for safe keeping. Found @ http://www.sweetpotatorecipes.net
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Place sweet potatoes in large stockpot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes. Drain in colander. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, fresh marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add butter and brown sugar to sweet potato mixture.
- Cook, uncovered, 10 additional minutes, turning occasionally. Sweet potatoes should be tender and begin to brown.
- Serve warm.