Sweet potato recipe combines shredded sweet potatoes with fresh marjoram, salt, pepper, butter and brown sugar. Posting this here for safe keeping. Found @ http://www.sweetpotatorecipes.net
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes in large stockpot and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Boil 5 minutes. Drain in colander. Set aside.
- 4Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add sweet potatoes, fresh marjoram, salt and pepper.
- 6Cover skillet. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Increase heat to medium-high. Add butter and brown sugar to sweet potato mixture.
- 8Cook, uncovered, 10 additional minutes, turning occasionally. Sweet potatoes should be tender and begin to brown.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 291.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: