Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Created to be served with Palace Cafe's Blackened Catfish at The Palace Cafe in New Orleans, this to-die-for side dish is great with almost everything, anytime! *Note, the sliced peppers can be any color, I just prefer red.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tasso, finely chopped
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- salt and pepper
- Chop the cooled sweet potatoes.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and cook the garlic.
- Saute until golden brown.
- Add the Tasso and cook until brown.
- Stir in the leeks and bell peppers.
- Cook until the vegetables begin to get tender.
- Add the sweet potatoes and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions, oregano, and molasses.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.