Recipe by cjbamboo
A tasty breakfast dish that I prefer to eat for dinner! Update: I changed this recipe to use tofu, instead of egg whites since my switch to a vegan diet.
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tofu, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (I just use one packet)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam sweet potato and cauliflower until tender (I do 5 minutes in the microwave on high for the potato and 2 minutes for the cauliflower).
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add water, onion, and mushrooms. Saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, cauliflower, curry, extract and Splenda. Cook until water is evaporated and vegetables are beginning to brown.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg whites, salt and pepper. Continue to stir-cook until egg whites are done.