Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the House of Blues, Chicago
Make and share this Sweet Potato Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion (1/2-inch diced)
- 1 cup celery (1/2-inch diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper (1/2-inch diced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (1/2-inch diced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a medium pot, cover with 2 inches of cold water, and generously season with salt.
- Over high heat bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and heat the oil.
- Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the red and green peppers, and red pepper flakes, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook until they are just heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.